Monday, May 7, 2007

Up and down....

Well, I have hardly been the model WW weight-loss citizen, but I am just going to be stubborn this time. Losing weight slowly cause I have been losing one week and gaining the next. However, net losses have been more than net gains so I am in front. This is progress. Who cares how long this takes? Losing weight gradually sure beats gradually putting it on. And I have been making changes to my habits - not huge ones, but hey - I am seeing results on the scales which is nice. I mean, a 3kg loss over seven weeks isnt exactly a big deal I know, but hey its better than a 3kg gain isnt it?

And I am yet to pull myself together and get all motivated - been a bit naughty and I havent tracked lately and I am still to get into the regular exercise habits! Have a long way to go but I figure - one thing at a time. Make small changes, make them sustainable, and I might not even notice...

Thing is, I have been there and done that with the nazi-style diet and exercise regime. You stick to it for six weeks, plateau, have a gain and be tempted to give up. This time I think my slow and steady strategy will pay long term dividends. And I hope to find some inspiration and drive along the way.

No comments: